You will now be able to accurately receive parts from all vendors
Part Receiving – Harley-Davidson Canada
From the DealerVu home screen, select Parts and Sales Management/Part Purchase Order. Select Tools, then in the drop down menu, select Receiving/ HD Canada:
The Harley-Davidson Receiving screen will then appear as seen below:
- The packing slip icon will allow you to import your Harley-Davidson Canada packing slip files;
- This invoice icon will allow you to import your Harley-Davidson Canada invoice files;
- The tab display will allow you to toggle between Packing Slips and Invoice Drafts;
- An easy to use search criterion allows you to find packing slips and invoices rapidly;
- The headers provide you sorting capabilities to help you refine your search.
Tip: You can import multiple packing slips or invoices by saving them into zip files.
Harley Davidson Receiving Status
In order to easily track your packing slips and invoices, DealerVu uses a few statuses to help group them:
- Not saved: Usually means there’s an error with the packing slip. You will be prompted with the issue after the upload is completed. Below is a sample:
- Open: This status means that invoices and packing slips are ready for scanning;
- Completed: All parts on the packing slip and PO have been scanned;
- Posted: Invoice draft has been converted into a proper invoice;
- Cancelled: Invoice draft and packing slip have been cancelled.
NOTE: User can begin scanning parts only if imported packing slip was imported without errors (status Open). Any packing slip in status Not Saved requires user attention to fix the issue(s) and save the packing slip in status Open.
Importing Packing Slips and Invoices
There are 2 ways to import Packing Slips and Invoice:
a) From PDF File
- Download packing slips and invoices from Ultracomm and save them in PDF format;
- To add a packing slip, click on the ‘packing slip’ button . Select the appropriate packing slip file. Click OK. Once uploaded, they will appear on the packing slips tab.;
- To add an invoice, click the ‘Invoice(s)’ button . Select the appropriate invoices and click OK. Once invoices are uploaded, they will appear on the Invoice Drafts tab:
- Once the Packing slip and invoice have been imported, you may begin scanning your parts.
TIP: To monitor the progress while scanning, you can open the Packing Slip or the Invoice Draft. If the screen is open while scanning, you will need to press the ‘Refresh’ button periodically.
b) From HDC API (web services)
In File > Import - Select Import via Service
This will open the Import Screen. Select your required Filters and click Retrieve.
This will get the requested Packing Slips/Invoices via the Ultracomm web service and display the records on the screen.
Select the Packing Slips/Invoices you wish to import by 'checking' the line item with the checkbox. The status column indicates if the packing slip/invoice was already imported and saved in DealerVu. Once you click OK the selected packing slips/invoices will be imported and saved in DealerVu.
Mapping Harley-Davidson Canada Purchase Orders
In cases where the PO number on the invoice and packing slip do not match the PO number in DealerVu, we have created a mapping tool to assist iRMA in the association process:
- On the Harley-Davidson Canada parts receiving screen, if you select tools, you will see the first option is PO Mapping:
2. A window will appear that will present you with a list of all existing PO mappings:
3. Click on the icon to insert a new mapping. A new line item will appear:
4. (1) Will allow you to type the purchase order number that is found on the document;
5. (2), by clicking the icon, a list of all your submitted Harley-Davidson purchase orders will appear. Select the relevant purchase order form the list and click OK;
6. Click Save on the PO Mapping Screen.
iRMA has the capabilities to receive for all vendors:
- From the Parts Purchase Order screen, click Tools/ Receiving/Other:
- The Other Receiving filter screen will allow you to search for in progress invoices that you are scanning:
- To add an Invoice draft, click on the ‘Invoice’ button. The select invoice screen will appear;
- If you know the PO number and/or vendor, you can add the values in search filter and then click the Refresh button. This will show you all submitted purchase orders. You can then select the PO that you plan on receiving. Once the PO has been selected, you can double-click or click OK on the bottom right of the screen to create the invoice draft:
- You will now be able to commence scanning using the iRMA application on your handheld scanner.
Submitting your completed Invoice Draft (Harley-Davidson Canada and other)
- Once you are finished scanning, retrieve your Invoice draft;
- Change the status to Completed and hit Save. If all the parts have been scanned, iRMA will automatically do this for you;
- You will see the ‘Create Invoice’ button will now be available . When you click this button, it will automatically change the invoice draft into posted status. The invoice will automatically appear for you to finalize and stock.
TIP: All pricing, shipping charges, discounts, notes and dates should be verified on the Invoice.