Doing Inventory year end count and Cycle counts
Part Inventory Count
To access the Part Inventory Count Sessions screen, you will need to access the part inventory screen, select Tools > Part Inventory Count Sessions:
The screen below shows you the Part Inventory Count Sessions Screen. This is where you manage your count sessions:
- The New Category button is a convenient way to group your sessions;
- The New Session button allows you to create a new session where the results of the inventory scanning will be kept;
- The Categories button will show you a list of categories;
- Merge Sessions allows you to group multiple sessions together;
- Inventory Count Exception Report is an easy report that shows you the parts for which the counts don’t match the quantity available in DealerVu. This can be run and exported into CSV;
- The Part Inventory Count Sessions screen will also let you filter your sessions by categories.
Creating a New Category
To create a new Category, click on the icon found on the part inventory count session screen. Enter the Category Name and a brief description. Click Save.
To create new sessions, you will need to click on the new session icon . The screen below will appear:
In order to create the session, you will need to follow the steps below:
- Give the session a name;
- Assign a category (optional);
- Select Location Awareness (if applicable);
- Start scanning.
Tip: You can add/remove parts from the session using the Add/Delete part icons.
To merge sessions, you can click on the Merge Sessions icon . This will prompt you to select a Target Session (session where all the parts will sum) and Source Sessions (sessions to be moved to target session). Once both selections are complete, click OK:
Exporting the session count
The Part Inventory Count Session can be exported into a detailed excel file or into a CSV format that is ready to import into DealerVu’s Part Inventory Count Import tool: