How to process consignment units
Dealing with consignment Units
Consignment units are dealt with differently than normal units.
- Instead of stocking consignment units via a Unit PO, you stock them in as follows:
- Go to Customer Management and then go to the appropriate Customer Record;
- Go to the Customer Owned Units tab and double click on the applicable unit (add unit first, if it is not there) to open up the Unit Detail screen;
- On the Unit Detail screen, check off the consignment unit checkbox, SAVE, change the status of the unit to available (also ensure that the Stocked checkbox is checked - the unit is now available for internal service), then SAVE again;
- Go to the cost adjustment tab of the unit, add a cost adjustment to Base Cost, do NOT invoke the GL, and put a cost that represents the value you have agreed to pay the consignee.
Note: This is the amount that goes to the consignment payable account, type = other current liability, when the deal is posted;
- Assign the Agreed Upon Value to the unit, as outlined above. This can be done at any time prior to the capping of the deal, even if internal service orders have already been done;
- If you have to adjust the consignment unit agreed upon value at any time, place a cost adjustment on the unit, to BASE cost, and do NOT invoke the GL.
Any other adjustment to the consignment unit that does not involve altering the agreed upon value MUST have the GL invoked, and go to Option Cost – this will go to Unit Inventory, but will come back out when the deal is posted.
- Any internal service orders that are done to the unit will also go to your unit inventory account, but will also come back out when the deal is posted;
- If you want to take a consignment unit out of stock, place as many negative cost adjustments (option cost) as needed, with the GL invoked to reverse any service orders or other cost adjustments done previously (that are not related to the Agreed Upon Value), uncheck the consignment checkbox as well as the stocked checkbox, and move the status to blank.