The purpose of this feature is to replace the Harley-Davidson CIM suggested ordering system. This feature can also be used with non Harley-Davidson vendors.
The purpose of this feature is to replace the Harley-Davidson CIM suggested ordering system. This feature can also be used with non-Harley-Davidson vendors.
Please Note: This does not replace the Auto-Reorder. If you are using the Auto-Reorder function and wish to change to Suggested Ordering Management, you will no longer be able to utilize Auto-Reorder. Please contact email@example.com if you wish to change. DealerVu developers can run a script to populate the Reorder Point (ROP) in the Suggested Ordering Management with the minimum part quantities you have set up in the Auto-Reorder.
HDC Users: You will be able to import your CIM ROP into the Suggested Ordering Management tool. To get this file please contact Luis.DelReal@harley-davidson.com
Once you have the file, in the Suggested Ordering Management screen go to Tools > Import CIM ROP file and import the file.
Users must have the two following permissions to access the Suggested Ordering screen:
- Manage Part Suggested Ordering;
- Modify Part Details.
Suggested Ordering Management can be accessed via the Purchase Orders (Parts) screen:
With the Suggested Ordering Management, the user will be able to:
- See and resolve alerts;
- Search parts by filter criteria and alert types (non-stock parts, superseded parts, etc.);
- Lookup part availability at supplier warehouse for a selected part row;
- See current suggested order parts;
- Create a new PO from the Suggested Ordering Management screen.
The Suggested Ordering Management screen displays information such as:
- Different filter criteria (General search, Parts in stock, Open invoice parts, Seasonal parts, Alerts and Current suggested order);
- ROP (reorder point) and Suggested ROP (including In season and Off season ROP);
- Hits: how many times the part number appears on Parts & Service invoices (refund parts not included);
- Sales: how many parts were sold (refund parts included);
- Quantity available, on order, on service order, etc.;
- The notes column will display the notes found in the part detail screen notes;
- Colors to identify different part types for which the ROP needs correction:
- Red: ROP different than suggested ROP;
- Olive: superseded part (superseded from and to also shown);
- Yellow: non-stock part;
- Gray: inactive part;
- Icons to quickly identify:
- Seasonal parts
- Superseded parts
- Non-stock parts
- Inactive parts
- The Suggested Ordering Management screen can be set to search default by utilizing the “Save as Default Filter” function (View menu). To do so, select your vendor and common search criteria and save. This will alleviate the need to re-select vendor or any other search criteria each time this screen is opened;
- “Seasonal Parts” search filter pertains to manually (user set) part seasonality, not to Harley-Davidson logic for seasonal promotions;
- Calculations for seasonal parts: the system starts to suggest order on seasonal parts four weeks PRIOR to start date selected and stops suggesting order two weeks PRIOR to end date selected. The suggested ROP will have a value if there were sales during the last season;
- To set "Seasonal Parts", you must enter a Start Month/Day and End Month/day to your part. This can be done from the Suggested Ordering Management Screen:
- The "Notes" column will display any notes saved on the part detail record:
Column on Invoice screen for Exceptional Sale
There is a checkbox on part purchase orders as well as on parts and service invoices to mark a part as an exception sale. These sales will not affect the ROP calculations. For example, when 50 t-shirts are sold on the same invoice for a promotion, the user can check the "Exceptional Sale" checkbox on the part sales invoice to mark the sale as exceptional:
How to Create Purchase Order
Click on Current Suggested Order. This will open up the Create PO button:
Click on the Create PO button to create and open a new purchase order (or use one that is already open):
- Any part selected as an exceptional sale will carry this logic when dropped onto part and service invoices (flag will remain checked by default). The flag for exceptional sale can be deselected at invoice level if sale is intended to affect suggested ordering logic.