This document will show you how you can email additional attachments from the Deal details screen.
The Dealer must already be set up to email directly out of DealerVu. Our document “Email Invoices/Statements from DealerVu” will assist you if you are not already set up for email.
This functionality is available from Unit deals. The user can email other files through the menu File > Email > Email Other Files…
This will bring up the Send Email window:
- To: The system will allow you to change the email address (it will automatically default to the email address on the customer’s detail screen). Additional email addresses can be added by using a ; between each email address;
- Subject: This can also be changed. By default, you will see “Attachment for your <Make> <Model>”. In the example above, you see as result “Attachment for your HONDA SHADOW”;
- Additional information can be typed into the body of the email;
- Then click on Attach Files…;
- You can manually Attach a file and/or Offer to purchase and/or Bill of sale. To attach a file, find the file you wish to attach and then click on Open;
- The system will attach the selected file to the Send Email window in the Attachments section;
- If you have several files to send – click on Attach Files… again and find your next file;
- When you are ready to send - click on Send.
Here are a few examples of the email sent to the recipient:
Gmail inbox: Notice the text “Test Future French”, your dealership name will appear in this field:
iPhone inbox: Notice the text “Test Future French”, your dealership name will appear in this field: