Training Lab - Parts - Create a new Part
Create a New Part Lab
At the end of this lab, you will be able to create a New Part.
Before you begin
You will need to be logged onto DealerVu and be on the home page of DealerVu.
In this exercise, you will learn how to create a New Part.
- From the home page of DealerVu, click on Parts Sales and Management;
- Click on Part Inventory on the right panel;
- On the Part Inventory filter screen, click on the New Part icon;
- Enter a part number such as 123zzz;
- From the Vendor drop down box, select a vendor for this part;
- In the Description text box, enter a description for this part;
- Enter the other information as you deem necessary;
- Click on the Pricing tab;
- Enter the cost of this part;
- Enter the standard price for this part;
- Enter the MSRP for this part;
- Enter the average cost of this part. This should be the same as the cost at this point;
- Click on the Save icon to save your changes;
- Close the Part Detail window.