Training Lab - Part - Creating Part Group, Category, Sub and Sub Sub-Category
Creating Part Group, Category, Sub and Sub Sub-Category Lab
At the end of this lab, you will be able to create Part Group, Category, Sub and Sub Sub-Category.
Before you begin
You will need to be logged onto DealerVu and be on the home page of DealerVu.
In this lab, you will learn how to create a new Part Group and assign a sales account and a cost of goods account to it.
- From DealerVu home page, click on System Settings;
- Select Part on the left side;
- Select Part Group on the right side;
- On the Part Group filter screen, click on the Insert item icon;
- On the new line that gets created, enter the name of your new part group;
- In the Sales GL Account column, using the drop down arrow, select the Sales Account to which you would like to apply all sales of this group. Note: You may need to confirm with your accountant that you have selected the proper GL account;
- In the CGS GL Account column, using the drop down arrow, select the Cost of Goods Sold account to which you would like to charge the cost of this group;
- Save your changes by pressing F12 or clicking on the Save icon;
- Close the Part Group filter window.
In this lab, we will be creating a new Category, Sub-category and Sub Sub Category.
- From the DealerVu home page, click on System Settings;
- In the System Settings, select Part on the left;
- Select Part Category on the right;
- Click on the Add Category icon;
- Enter a name and description for your category;
- Click on the Save icon and close the Part category window;
- With the category that you just created highlighted, click on the Add Sub Category icon;
- Enter a name and description for your sub-category;
- Click on the save icon and close the window;
- With the sub-category highlighted, click on the add sub sub-category icon;
- Enter a name and description for the sub sub-category, then press F12 to save;
- Close the window and you should see all 3 items that you just created.