Training Lab - Accounts Payable 2
Accounting A/P Lab 2
At the end of this lab, you will be able to make payments on an A/P Vendor’s Invoice and print a check.
Before you begin
You will need to be logged onto DealerVu and be on the home page of DealerVu.
In this exercise, you will learn how to pay an A/P Vendor’s Invoice created in the A/P Lab 1.
- On the home page, select the Accounting link;
- From Accounting, select the AP Transactions link;
- In the Payable transactions screen, select the New Payment Icon. This will bring up the Payable Payment Detail screen;
- In the Payable Payment Detail screen, click on the Add Item Icon;
- This will bring up the Select Invoice Screen. Select 'UPS' from the drop down menu of the Vendor field. Click Refresh;
- Select the invoice you created in A/P Lab 1 by putting a checkmark in the box to the left of the Vendor’s name. Click OK;
- This will bring you back to the Payable Payment Detail Screen;
- Select your checking’s account from the drop down menu of the Account field;
- Make sure that your Payment Date is correct;
- Click on the Check Tab and verify that the name and address information is correct, as well as the date which will print on the check;
- Go to “File” and select “Print Check” or press F10. This will bring up your printer selection screen. Choose your printer and click OK;
- The Reset Check # screen will pop up asking you to confirm or change the next available check number. Answer the question by clicking Yes or No. NOTE: It is good practice to always double check the next check that is in your printer in case someone has taken one;
- Once the question is answered, the check will be printed and the payment will be posted.