Here is what we suggest for the two most common fees charged on parts; Tire Tax/Disposal Fee and Battery/Levy fee
Setting up Special Fees
Here is what we suggest for the two most common fees charged on parts; Tire Tax/Disposal Fee and Battery/Levy fee:
Within the Pricing Tab of the Part Detail screen, there are two fields to handle supplemental charges on a specific part.
Hazard/Waste Fee: typically used to handle the battery/levy fee while the Special Fee is used to handle the tire disposal fee.
To make sure that these fields are pointing to the correct accounts, here are the settings you need to review:
System Settings> Accounting> Transaction Types:
Default Part Sales/Service Order Misc. Charges Credit Adjust GL Account: Select the account you wish to use when charging the Tire disposal fee entered in the “Special fee” field in the part detail screen.
Default Part Sales/Service Order Hazardous Waste Fee GL Account: Select the account you wish to use when charging the Battery/Levy fee entered in the “Hazard/Waste fee” field of the part detail screen.
Default Part Sales/Service Order Misc. Charges GL Account: Select the account you wish to use when crediting the tire tax/disposal fee entered in the “Special fee” field of the part detail screen.
These fields are found in both the Part Sales and Service tabs of each transaction type. Please review these settings for each transaction type to ensure that no matter the transaction, these fees will point to the correct account.
Other settings that need to be reviewed are found in System Settings> Tax>Tax:
Note: If you do not have access to these two areas (fields are locked) please contact our support help desk to have them temporarily unlocked so that you may correct these account settings.
- Once all settings are confirmed, you can now assign the appropriate charges to the appropriate parts.
- Creating special fee part groups: From System Settings> Parts> Part Groups.
- Creating a Special Fee Part: From Part Sales and Management> Part Inventory
- Use the New Part icon to create a new part.
- In the General-Main Tab enter a part number, description, and vendor (use your dealership as the vendor).
- In the General-Other Tab select the part group that was created in step 1.
- In the Pricing Tab enter the “Standard Price” for this fee.
- To setup a default tire tax fee, go to System Settings> F&I> License fees> Other Charges Tab.
For Tire Fee, enter the default amount charged on deals (i.e. if the tire fee is $3.00/tire, and the units you sell usually have 2 wheels, enter $6.00 as the default).
Once the charges are setup, they will automatically be displayed in the Misc/Freight field on the bottom right of the deal screen, point to the correct accounts and print to appropriate areas on the F&I forms.
By clicking on the Ellipse box, this will open the “Other Charges” window where you can change the amount of the fee if necessary. For example, if you’re selling a 3 wheeler, the default Tire Fee will have to be increased for the extra wheel.