This article provides step by step instructions on selling parts with core charges and taking back a core from a customer.
Selling Parts with Core Charges to a customer
Here’s how the Core Charge works on Customer Invoices:
- The part you are selling has an added core item that is refundable;
- The Core Charge deposit is charged at the time of retail sale;
- When the recyclable component is returned by the customer, the core is returned on a parts sales invoice.
When you sell a part that has a core charge on the part details, the system will add two lines to the invoice:
If your customer is returning a core at the same time:
- Select Add Core Item;
- Type in the part number for the main part;
- Select the part;
- Click OK;
- If the part is already on the invoice you will be advised: Click Yes.
- Change the second instance of the part to a return by selecting the return check box: