How to set up cheque printers in DealerVu
Here’s how to set up cheque printers in DealerVu:
DealerVu supports 2 different types of cheque printers. You can use any laser or ink jet printer or you can use a 320 or 321 Okidata dot matrix printer. Before any printer can be used in DealerVu, it must be installed in Windows. If the Okidata is being installed, be sure to install the Window’s Okidata 320/321 IBM window’s driver. Once the printers are installed in Windows, then you can set them up in DealerVu.
- Start and log on to DealerVu;
- From the DealerVu main screen, click on Tools in the tool bar menu;
- Select Options from the Tools menu:
- Click on the Printers tab:
- Select the printer to be used as the cheque printer by clicking on the drop down arrow in the Cheque Printer field and selecting the appropriate printer:
- Once you have selected the printer, click on the OK button to save your selection and exit the Option Printer window.
Note: Each workstation can have a different printer assigned as the cheque printer or they can share one printer as long as the printer has been installed to the local workstation.
Once the printer has been selected for cheque printing, the next thing to do is select the cheque form that you will be using. DealerVu supports several different formats:
To select the check form:
- From the DealerVu main screen, click on System settings > Miscellaneous > Miscellaneous settings;
- On the Miscellaneous Setting screen, look for “Cheque Form”:
- In the value column, click on the drop down arrow to get a list of cheque forms that are supported by DealerVu.
The other system setting you will need to set is the “Cheque Printer Type setting”. This setting is located slightly below the Cheque form setting in Miscellaneous Settings:
- Click on the drop down arrow and select Laser or Dot Matrix. If you are using an ink jet printer, you would select Laser as the printer type;
- Once you select the cheque form and check printer type, click on the Save icon;
- Close the Miscellaneous Settings window. When the cheque printer and the cheque forms have been selected, you will be ready to begin to print cheques.
If you are printing to a Dot Matrix printer for cheque purposes, then there are 2 system settings that you need to be aware of. They are “Cheque Printer Top Margin” and “Cheque Printer Left Margin” and are located in the Miscellaneous Settings window. These settings will help with the alignment of the printing on the cheque. If the print is to high on the cheque form, then you will adjusted the “Cheque Printer Top Margin” setting, if the printer is to far left or right you would change the Cheque Printer Left Margin” setting. These two settings may be a little trial and error to get your cheque to line up perfectly. If you are printing to a Laser printer, then you will not use these settings.
What can go wrong & what can you do about it?
In setting up Cheque printers for DealerVu, there have been very few issues when Laser or ink jet printers have been used. When Dot Matrix printers are used, it is important to load the proper driver. The correct driver is the windows Okidata 320/321 IBM driver.