The purpose of this function is to provide more flexibility in selecting parts to add to an invoice or purchase order using the “Multiple” option in the Select Part form.
When using the “Multiple” option in the Select Part window, each time the user selects a part to add to the list at the bottom of the window, the system will prompt them to enter a quantity as seen here:
In most cases, the system will default to a quantity of 1. At this point, the user can do one of the following:
- Hit the <ENTER> key to accept the default quantity of 1;
- Type in a different quantity followed by <ENTER>;
- Hit the <ESC> key to cancel the selection of the part and select a different one to add to the list.
On Part Purchase Orders, the default quantity offered will be calculated based on the normal Auto-Reorder values for the part. If there is no value entered for auto-reorder, the default quantity will be 1.
This feature has been implemented in all screens where part selection is required and the user is using the “Multiple” option. For some screens where quantity selection is not important (ie: swap a part in a service order, adding cross-reference parts in Part Details, etc.), the Quantity popup window will not be displayed.
After selecting a part to move to the list at the bottom and entering a quantity, if the users feel they need to change the quantity they entered, they have two options:
- Remove the part from the list at the bottom and select it again;
- Modify the quantity on the line item of the transaction after the list has been transferred over.