This article provides step by step instructions on purchasing and returning parts with core charges via your vendor.
Vendor PO and Invoice: Purchasing and Returning parts with Core Charges
Here’s how the Core Charge works on Purchase Orders:
- The part you are purchasing contains a component that is recyclable, you will add the core charge to the PO;
- When the recyclable component is returned to the vendor, you will add the core charge to the PO as a return.
To purchase parts that have core charges:
- Add the part to the Purchase Order;
- Change the quantity of Core Charges to the number of parts being purchased.
*** If your vendor charges you for the net quantity of cores (new-returns), you may enter the net quantity here - BUT if your vendor charges you for new cores and then separately issues a credit for the returned cores, please add the returns on a separate line.
To return cores charges :
- Add a row to your PO by selecting the Add Core icon;
- Add your main part to the listing;
- Select the part from the window;
- Click OK;
- When the warning window appears, select yes;
- Select the Return Item icon;
- Enter the quantity being returned;
- Submit the PO;
- Generate the vendor invoice;
- If you are receiving a separate credit for the cores returned, select the purchase items;
- Use the icon to delete the appropriate items.