Generic Part Receiving with the scanner
Part Receiving (Generic):
When the invoice draft has been created in DealerVu, you will enter the receiving (Generic) menu. The screen will look like this:
- The PO# drop down is where you select the PO you are receiving. You will need to select a PO before you can start scanning;
- These numbers compare the amount of items you have received to how many items there are on the purchase order;
- The part number field is where you will scan the barcode;
- Item information screen:
- Order Type: Tells you if the part is for stocking or if it's a special order for a customer;
- PO #: Confirms that purchase order numbers are identical;
- Part ID: Unique part ID in the DealerVu database;
- Location: Will show you all available locations where this part is available;
- Qty Received: Shows you the quantity you have received against the quantity ordered.
Notes: Additional fields will be shown in case of a special order part (customer name, invoice number).
- A/Print is a check box to let iRMA know to automatically print barcode labels. Once selected, this setting will remain checked for all other parts;
- A/Save will automatically save the item onto the invoice draft. Once selected, this setting will remain checked for all other parts;
- This icon will allow you to manually print a label;
- This icon (Reset) is to be used when screen data needs to be restored to initial state;
- Save will add the part to the invoice draft. (You will only need to click this if you do not have A/Save checked off);
- Exit will bring you back to the iRMA home screen.
TIP: When scanning is completed, follow the “Submitting your completed invoice draft” mentioned above.