How to sell IAVAG - Assurance Industrielle Alliance
This document will show you how to process IAVAG products that are not included on a contract for the sale of a unit.
These insurance products are sold at the time of the sale of a unit, but may not be included on the contract since the financing of the customer is capped.
We suggest you use the option New Warranty Contract, Unit Sales & Management > Unit Sales > New Warranty Contract
1. Create a new Warranty Company
- In System Settings > F&I> Warranty Company
2. Create Warranty Plan (Insurance) for the new Warranty Company
Please Note: When creating this Warranty Plan if you do not enter a cost the Vendor invoice will not be created.
How to create the Insurance Contract:
- Open a New Warranty Contract
- Select the customer and the unit
3. Select the Warranty Company and Warranty Plan using the drop down arrow
4. Enter the Contract Term and Price
A Pop up will appear. Hit Yes to continue.
5. Create an adjustment credit in the Customer's account to apply a payment to the contract. You can use a suspense account or create a new GL account for this process.
From the Warranty Contract Click on the Customer Account button next to the Customer's name. The Customer Details screen will open. Select the Account tab. This will open the Adjustment Invoice icon. Click on this icon.
In the Adjustment invoice click on the Add Misc. Item button. You can create a new Misc. Item or select one already created. Please make sure the GL account on the line item is the correct one.
In the Warranty Contract, go to the Payments tab and apply the Account Credit. This will set the Contract to Paid and create the vendor invoice.