Training Lab - Unit Purchase Order 1
Unit Purchase Order Lab 1
At the end of this lab, you will be able to create and submit a unit purchase order with factory options.
Before you begin
You will need to be logged under the training mode of DealerVu and be on the home page. To get there, open DealerVu. When the login window appears, click Cancel. Then, click on Tools -> Training Mode. The Login window will appear again. Enter your ID and Password and click OK. You will now see a red box at the bottom of each window that says “Training Mode”.
In this exercise, you will learn how to create a unit purchase order, add a unit, add factory options and then submit the purchase order.
- From the DealerVu home page, click on Unit sales and management;
- Click on Unit purchase orders in the right panel;
- From the Purchase orders filter window, click on the New Purchase Order icon;
- From the Purchase Order screen, the Select Vendor window will open;
- From the Select Vendor window, enter the name of the vendor you will be ordering the unit from and click Refresh;
- In the search results, double-click on the vendor you will be ordering the unit from;
- On the Purchase orders screen, click on the Add Unit icon. A line will appear under the Units section of the PO;
- Use the drop down menu to select the year of the unit;
- To select the make, model, sub-model and sub sub-model, click on the ellipse […] box in the Make field. This will open the Make-Model-Sub-Model screen;
- Click on the make, then the model, then the sub-model and then the sub sub-model of this unit. Click Select when done;
- Select the correct Unit type using the drop down menu;
- Enter the Cost and Price of the unit if it is known;
- To add Factory Options to this unit, click on the Insert Option icon. The Select Factory Option window will appear;
- Click Refresh to bring up the list of options for the make and unit type that was selected;
- Check the boxes of the factory options you wish to add to the PO and click OK;
- Use the drop down menu in the Flooring Co field to select the company which will be financing this unit;
- In the status field, use the drop down menu and select “Submitted”;
- Click the Save icon to save the purchase order. The system will generate a PO number.