Training Lab - Service - Create Labour Code
Create Labour Code Lab 1
At the end of this lab, you will be able to create labour codes.
Before you begin
You will need to be logged onto DealerVu and be on the home page.
In this exercise, you will learn how to create labour codes.
- From the DealerVu home page, click on System Settings;
- Select Labour in the left panel;
- Select General Info in the right panel;
- On the Labour screen, click on the New Labour icon;
- Enter a unique labour code;
- Enter a description. Remember the description does print on the invoice for the customer;
- Enter the estimated hours (hours billed to customer);
- Enter Flat Hours (hours billed to warranty);
- If this labour is to be taxable, check the taxable box;
- If you do not want this labour to be discounted, check the Ignore Invoice Discount checkbox;
- Click on the Save icon to save your work;
- Close the Labour Details screen.
In this exercise, you will learn how to create a labour code that has a different hourly rate that your regular labour.
- Follow steps 1 to 11 from exercise 1;
- Go to the Labour pricing tab;
- Click on the Add item icon;
- Select the Price level;
- In the Manual price field, enter the price you want to charge customers assigned to this price level;
- Click on the Save icon;
- Close the Labour details screen.