Training Lab - Service - Create Kits
Create Kits Lab
At the end of this lab, you will be able to create a kit and add parts and labor to it.
Before you begin
You will need to be logged onto DealerVu and be on the home page.
In this exercise, you will learn how to create a kit and add parts and labor to it.
- From the DealerVu home page, click on System Settings;
- Select Miscellaneous on the left panel;
- Select Kits on the right panel;
- On the Kits filter screen, click on the New Kit icon;
- Enter a unique kit code;
- Enter a description for this kit (the description does not print on the invoice);
- Click on the Insert Part icon;
- Enter the part number that you would like to add to the kit;
- Click on Refresh;
- Double-click on the part to add it to the kit;
- Enter the part quantity needed for this part;
- Click on the Insert Labor icon;
- Enter the labor code that you would like to add to the kit;
- Double-click on the labor that you want to add to the kit;
- Enter the estimated hours needed for this labor line;
- Click on the Save icon;
- Close the Kit Detail window.