Training Lab - Service 4
Service Counter Lab 4
At the end of this lab, you will be able to create an Internal Service Order to be added to the cost of the unit.
Before you begin
You will need to be logged onto DealerVu and be on the home page.
In this exercise, you will learn how to create an internal stock invoice that you can charge against the cost of the unit.
- From the DealerVu home page, go to Service sales and management;
- Click Service orders in the right panel;
- From the Service Order filter screen, click on the New SO Invoice icon;
- From the Select customer and unit screen, click on the Show Stock Units icon to select an internal unit;
- From the list at the bottom, select the stock number of the unit you will be working on and click OK.
In this exercise, you learn how to add multiple jobs to a service order.
- From the Service order window, in the Concern text box, enter why the customer is bringing in their unit for service;
- Click the Add Job icon to create a second job;
- In the Concern text box of Job 2, enter the second item that the customer would like to have repaired;
- Press CTRL + J to add a third job;
- In the Concern text box of Job 3, enter a third item that the customer needs repaired;
- Press F12 to save the service order.
In this exercise, you will learn how to add parts and labor to the jobs you created above.
- With the invoice that was created in exercise 1 and 2 still open, click on the Job 1 tab;
- To add labor to Job 1, click the Add Labor icon;
- On the Select labor window, enter the labor code that you would like to add to Job 1;
- Click Refresh;
- In the search results, double-click on the labor you need to add;
- On the labor line item on Job 1, in the quantity field, enter the appropriate quantities of hours you will be charging the customer;
- To add parts to Job 1, click the Add Part icon;
- In the Select Part window, enter the part number of the part that you need to add to Job 1;
- Click Refresh;
- In the search results, double-click on the part that you need to add to Job 1;
- In the quantity field of the line item that you just added to the invoice, enter the quantity of parts that you are selling;
- Click the tab for Job 2;
- Repeat steps 2 through 11 to add parts and labor to Job 2;
- Click the tab for Job 3;
- Repeat steps 2 through 11 to add parts and labor to Job 3.
In this exercise, you will learn how to pay a stock internal service order.
- When all work has been completed, you will pay the stock internal invoice;
- Go to the Status field and select the status “Paid” using the drop down;
- Press F12 to save the invoice;
- The stock internal invoice is the only invoice for which you can set the status to paid and save it.