Training Lab - Accounts Receivable 2
Accounting A/R Lab 2
At the end of this lab, you will be able to create an Adjustment Invoice and receive payment from the customer.
Before you begin
You will need to be logged onto DealerVu and be on the home page of DealerVu.
In this exercise, you will learn how to create an Adjustment Invoice and take payment from the customer.
- From the DealerVu home page, select the Accounting link;
- From Accounting, select the A/R Transaction link;
- In the Receivable Transactions screen, click on the Adjustment Invoice icon;
- In the adjustment invoice window, click on the Select Customer icon;
- In the Select customer window, enter the last name of the customer and then click Refresh;
- Select the customer by double clicking on it. This will add the customer to the Adjustment Invoice screen;
- Enter an invoice number in the Invoice number field;
- Click on the Insert Misc. Item icon. Enter a description (for example Storage Fee), a price (before tax) and choose the appropriate account;
- Select a tax group from the drop down menu in the Tax Group field;
- Click on the Payment tab;
- Choose the payment method the customer used;
- Change the status to “Paid” and select a Posted On Date;
- Click the Save icon.