Training Lab - Accounts Receivable 1
Accounting A/R Lab 1
At the end of this lab, you will be able to create a Customer, create and add a Credit to their account.
Before you begin
You will need to be logged onto DealerVu and be on the home page of DealerVu.
In this exercise, you will learn how to create a new Customer.
- On the home page, select the Customer Management link;
- From the Customer Management screen, select the New Customer Icon;
- This will bring up the Customer Detail Screen. Enter the first and last name of the customer;
- Select a Price Level, Tax Group and enter the address and any other information about the customer;
- Click the Save Icon.
In this exercise, you will learn how to create a New Account Credit Receipt for the Customer created in Exercise 1.
- From the DealerVu home page, select the Accounting link;
- From Accounting, select Accounts receivable;
- On the Receivable Transactions screen, click on the Account Credit icon;
- On the Payment on account screen, click on the Select Customer icon;
- In the Select Customer screen, enter the last name of the customer you created in Exercise 1. Click Refresh;
- Select the customer by double clicking on it. This will add the customer to the Payment on account screen;
- Select the payment method for the customer credit using one of the icons in the payment section at the top. If it is by cheque, enter the cheque number in the Reference Number field;
- In the Amount field, enter the value of the credit. Enter any comments you need to add in the comments field;
- You can print a receipt for the customer by going to File, Print Large Receipt (F11) or Print Small Receipt;
- Click the Save icon.