Training Lab - Accounting - Create New Tax Rate
Create New Tax Rate Lab
At the end of this lab, you will be able to create a New Tax Rate.
Before you begin
You will need to be logged onto DealerVu and be on the main screen of DealerVu.
In this exercise, you will learn how to create a New Tax Rate.
From the DealerVu main screen, follow these steps:
- Click on System Settings;
- Click on Tax on the options menu;
- Click on Tax;
- Click on the Add Item icon;
- Type a name for the new tax rate;
- In the Rate column, enter a rate for your new tax;
- Determine if your new tax is a fixed rate (the same regardless of amount) or if it is a capped rate (only applies to a certain amount);
- If this is a fixed rate, check the Fixed column check box. If it is a capped rate, enter the range that is impacted and check the box in the Capped column;
- Then ally this tax to the appropriate items by checking the box in the columns for those items;
- After all items have been marked, save the changes by pressing F12 or clicking on the Save icon. Then close the window.
In this lab, you will assign the tax you created above to a tax group. The tax must be part of a tax group for it to be applied to any sale.
- From the System Settings, click on Tax on the options menu;
- Click on Tax Group;
- Highlight the tax group that you will be adding your tax to in the top panel;
- Find the Tax that you created in the previous lab and check the box to the left. This adds it to the Tax Group;
- Then, save your changes by pressing F12 or clicking on the Save icon;
- Close the Tax Group window.