How to set a Screen’s Default View
Setting a Screen’s Default View
You can tailor the DealerVu program on a user by user basis when it comes to:
- The screen size – Windows vs. full screen
- The filter defaults you most often want when a transaction list screen opens
Mostly all screens remember the size you last used it in. If you click the Maximize button in the top right corner, finish or close out of that screen, the next time you launch that screen under your user name the screen will open using the size last used.
Whenever opening a major DealerVu list screen i.e. Part Sales, Service Orders, Unit Sales, Part POs and Unit POs, GL Account Detail Transactions, AP Transactions and AR Transactions etc. you can tailor the view of the list and save that view for the next time you open that screen. Here is how you do it using the Unit Sales screen as an example:
- Open the screen
- Make your filter selections within the filter section at the top of the screen and click Refresh to select your data as requested by your filter settings:
- Now set the view as your default filter by selecting View-Set as Default Filter from the menu:
- Now test your default setting by closing the Unit Sales screen and reloading it. If the default setting does not appear to be saved for the screen just repeat the process and re-test.