Service Inspection Application
This application is designed to revolutionize the dealership approach to service check-ins. Imagine a customer is greeted into the service department by a service advisor who will be able to instantly take vehicle pictures and notes of their concerns. Once the concerns are noted they will be able to present an outline to the customer for digital approval.
Finally, the inspection will also generate a work order in DealerVu reducing double entry and providing a clear outline with photos to back up the customer’s concerns.
How to get started:
In the registration email, you should have received a link to download the application, an admin user name, an admin password and an Org ID. Use this information to log onto the Service Inspection application.
*It is recommended that you change your password once you have successfully logged into the system.
The Service inspection home screen will look like this:
- This field will allow you to search for existing service inspections and open service order that is found in DealerVu. (You can search by customer name, Vin)
- Service inspection within green are inspections that have been completed in the service inspection application.
- Service inspection in blue indicate one of two scenarios:
- The service inspection was created but not closed
- There is an open service order in DealerVu found under this customer’s name.
- This is how you create new service inspections. You will need to select/create your customer and unit.
- You will be able to access the system settings by selecting this button.
Creating a service inspection:
- This button will bring you back to the home screen
- Displays information about the customer and customer unit
- Is space Where you will enter your mileage and type. (Mileage entered on the application will be validated against the mileage stated in DealerVu unit detail.)
- This section will list all the jobs created for this inspection. If service inspection is created using an existing job, the application will pull Job information from the actual service order that was created in DealerVu.
- This will allow you to add jobs to the service inspection
- You will be asked to give the Job a title. Once added the job will appear on the service inspection screen.
- You will then be able to add notes and pictures to each job as required.
- This icon will notify you if there are any old notes/recommendations that were saved for future service.
- Will allow you to finalize the service inspection.
- Once you are ready to finalize the inspections you will click the finish button on the top right of the service inspection. This will bring you to the service inspection summary screen.
The inspection summary screen has the following information:
- The customer information and unit information
- The full notes that were written in the service inspection application
- All the pictures were taken on the service inspection application including the date and time stamp.
- A customer signature pad
- An option in the case where the customer is not available for signature
- The confirmation button that will close the service inspection
- The option to email the customer a copy of the inspection. (The inspection application will use From the default email address that is set up in the mail application to send the inspections.)
- The option to print the inspection. (You will need a Bluetooth-enabled printer set up on the Ipad in order for this to work.)
Integration with DealerVu.
Upon finalizing the service inspection, the jobs, notes, and pictures will be available directly in the service order. A note will also be added to the service order to identify where the service order is coming from.
- The job tab in DealerVu is updated with the job title from the service inspection
- Notes taken on the service inspection application will be transferred into the concern fields
- Images can be enlarged or downloaded by clicking the images menu on the service order.
Other information that is transferred from the Service Inspection Application
- Any customer created in the service inspection application that does not exist in DealerVu.
- Any units created in the service inspection application that does not exist in DealerVu.
- Mileage will be updated on the unit detail
- An email will be populated in customer detail whenever the inspection is emailed.
Modifying the system settings:
- The Service inspection application will allow you to create/manage users, assign a permission group.
- Change existing passwords
- Check for update
- Log out
- Identify what version of the service inspection application you have.